I think it’s safe to say every beauty blogger has written a post about bioderma at some point, to be honest that’s why I’ve always avoided writing one myself.
Recently though I’ve found myself getting quite a bit of traffic from people looking for Bioderma reviews and being the kind of girl who just hates to disappoint, I thought it was about time I waxed lyrical about my favourite skincare product.
So let’s get started.
First impressions might lead you to believe that you’ve just forked out for a rather expensive bottle of water, but trust me, this is no ordinary bottle of water. Of the range I’ve tried both Bioderma Sensibio which is for sensitive skin, and my current love, Bioderma Sebium which is better suited to combination skin.
Whilst this product is hyped as the holy grail of cleansers, I went in with realistic expectations and haven’t been disappointed. Though if you’re thinking this is a one swipe and your done kinda cleanser (as some claim) then you may be disappointed. Both products have their pros and cons in my opinion, but obviously skincare is quite a personal thing so what works for me might not work for someone else.
Bioderma Sensibio Pros:
- Scentless so you’d be hard pushed to find anyone who can’t use this product
- Alcohol free
- Removes all make up easily (though did take a few wipes more than expected)
- Leaves skin feeling cleansed without stripping it/leaving your skin feeling tight
- Can be used on eyes and lips without fear of irritation
Bioderma Sensibio Cons:
- Doesn’t contain any spot fighting ingredients
- Might be too mild for combination/oily skin types
- Expensive given you have to import it from France
- Hard to get hold of
Bioderma Sebium Pros:
- Lovely fresh scent
- Really feels like it’s cleansing the skin of impurities
- Leaves skin visibly clearer after a few uses
- Deep cleansing without leaving skin feeling dry or tight
- Removes all make up
Bioderma Sebium Cons:
- May cause irritation when used on eyes or lips
- Might leave some skin types dry
- Hard to get hold of
Personally for my skin I’ve found Bioderma Sebium to be my ideal cleanser for my sometimes combination skin. I use this product nightly after cleansing my face to remove any remaining make up, though you could easily skip the cleansing and reach straight for the Bioderma (I only don’t in an attempt to make my bottles last longer!).
As I mentioned in the pros and cons, this product can be a bit expensive and rather elusive unless you or someone you know takes regular trips to France. If like me you don’t have that luxury you can grab two 500ml bottles for £24.35 here.
What’s your holy grail cleanser?
UPDATED: Just to let you know I re-ordered from my trusty eBay seller on Friday afternoon and was surprisingly awoken by the postman on Saturday morning with my new batch of Bioderma….now that’s service!
Pingback: My Night-Time Routine « The World According To Gem
Pingback: My Long-Haul Skincare Routine « The World According To Gem
Pingback: My Top Products of 2012 « The World According To Gem