Image from Pinterest
So it’s a new year, which means it’s time to think about what’s important to me and what I hope to achieve in 2014.
Last year I wrote my 2013 Blogging Resolutions, but this year I feel I need to focus on my life and embrace the changes a new year brings, so here are my 2014 resolutions.
1. Be happy! It sounds simple right, but in the last couple of years I feel I’ve lost sight of the simple pleasures in life that make me happy. 2014 is the year I’m going to make a conscious effort to embrace the things that bring a smile to my face.
2. Variety is the spice of life so this year I’m going to try something new each month (and hopefully blog about it!) from trying new foods to learning new skills, I’m determined to grow as a person this year.
3. Love the life you live. In the past year I’ve realised that I’m rarely ever content. I set myself dozens of goals but as soon as I reach them I move on, desperately striving for the next big thing. Whilst I like to think my drive is an endearing quality I worry that this attitude will leave me listless in the long run so I’m going to make time to cherish the things I’ve achieved rather than always seeking more. Who knows, I might even start one of those jars you fill with happy post its.
4. Feel the fear and do it anyway. There have been several times this year that I’ve allowed fear to stop me from doing what I want. 2014 will be the year I stop letting fear rule my decisions.
5. Jump to it! This summer I bought my gorgeous horse Harry. He’s young and a bit clueless and I’ve discovered I don’t bounce as well as I did when I was younger, but in line with my 4th resolution I’m determined for us to get out and about and start jumping something bigger than the occasional log we spot whilst hacking. We’ve got a sponsored ride and hunter trial planned for March and my aim is for things to go onwards and upwards from there.
What are your resolutions for 2014?